Motherhood changed me. After being a mommy, I gave priority to my child’s needs. She always came before my personal needs. Over the years, while I started giving importance to my physical health, invested time in a daily exercise regime, ate nutritious food but ignored the health of my skin. I didn’t have a proper skin care routine and recently realized it was affecting my skin. Thus, I decided to be conscious of my skin health and take due care.
As winters drives in my skin becomes extremely rough, dry and itchy. The skin requires more protection to fight with cold weather condition.
So here are few tips that I employ particularly during winters which I would like to share with my readers.
- Avoid using soaps: Soaps contain many harmful chemicals. These bar soaps contain high pH content which strip the skin of the required moisture and make it dry and itchiness worse. So, I avoid using bar soaps and even if I do, I use ones with natural ingredients and glycerin.
- Follow a regular and gentle exfoliation routine for the skin: One needs to gently remove the dry and flaky skin during winters. For this gentle exfoliation, twice a week is necessary to make the skin look smoother and feel softer. Routine exfoliation will also allow moisturizing ingredients found in a body lotion to penetrate deeper within the skin to repair the skin’s moisture barrier more effectively. Removing dry cells is one of the best things you can do for the skin as long as you immediately apply a good body lotion on freshly exfoliated skin.
- Use a body lotion twice daily: Apply body lotion in the mornings and evenings regularly. Also choose a body lotion with barrier repairing ingredients. You can look on the Online shopping site for body lotions with ingredients like jojoba oil, almond oil, Shea Butter, Sesame seed oil, which have high properties to correct both lack of hydration and repair the skin’s moisture barrier making your skin moist, supple and smooth. Online Shopping is a convenient option which provides a good range of body lotions with proper specifications of the ingredients in the product. This will help you make the right choice as per your skin type and requirements.
- Eat food that contain ‘good fats’: Almonds, walnuts, avocados, olive oil all contain fatty acids that help keep the skin moist. During winters, eat food with ‘good fats’ to make your skin healthier.
- Avoid tight clothing with scratchy fibers: If you have an itchy skin avoid wearing fabrics with itchy fibers rather wear clothes can be made cotton, skin, smooth fabrics particularly during winters.
I have made these tips a routine and an important aspect of my lifestyle. As the new year approaches, my resolution is to give myself more priority and look after my skin health more consciously. What are your new year resolutions?
Do you give priority to yourself after being a mother?
How do you take care of your skin? Do share your tips too.
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post however all opinions expressed herein are of my own and not influenced by the developing company, and/or its affiliates,in any way.